Re: Experience with Raid (Good or Bad)

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_megatoon.com>
Date: 1996/04/15

Joel Plotkin <plotkin_at_ray.nlm.nih.gov> wrote:

>Robert Gerber wrote:
>>
>Again- like a previoulsy posted reader replied- we almost always
>have to take down the machine to replace a failed drive in an
>SSA, unless the disk platters/mirrors are planned out perfectly-

A production drive recently crashed on one of our systems. The sysadmin just pulled the drive, replaced it with a spare and he did not have to take down the machine. We use DEC's storage works and it works just great.
Guy Dallaire
Groupe DMR Inc.
dallaire_at_megatoon.com

Please reply by e-mail also

P.S. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer Received on Mon Apr 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message