Re: *** GRUPPE WASSER - GIS/DATENBANK-CONSULTING ***

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1996/04/14

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996 14:59:57 GMT, Ted Walter <ted.walter_at_daytonoh.attgis.com> wrote:

>>In article <316d582c.2379182_at_news.ping.at> Jacek Dobosz writes:
>>On Thu, 11 Apr 1996 22:35:03 GMT, office_at_gruppewasser.co.at (Gruppe
>>Wasser, Vienna) wrote:
>>
>>>Wir, die GRUPPE WASSER,sind eine Ziviltechniker-Kanzlei in Wien mit
>>>Niederlassungen in Innsbruck/Tirol und Götzis/Vorarlberg. Gegründet
>>>1984 beschäftigen sich die GRUPPE WASSER mit ihren ca. 60 Mitarbeiter
>>>auf den Gebieten
>>>
>>fyi,
>>it's the english speaking news group for technical ORACLE
>>professionals and not the right place for advertising in german
>>language.
>>
>>jacek>
>
>Two comments on the above posting:
>
>1) I like to see job postings in this newsgroup. It lets me know how I am
>doing compared with the rest of the industry.
ORACLE jobs postings are OK. But to compare something you must understand what the message is about. That's the reason why still 99% of postings to this group is in English.

>2) .... This is a world wide network and the US
>doesn't own it.

Yes, you are right, that is a world wide network, and every effort should be made to structure the information stream. Think about it when you download a web page with 300 Bytes/s throughput over 64 bps backbone.

BTW: There are local domains of newsnet like de.*, at.* etc. so there is no problem for posting in native language if you want. jacek Received on Sun Apr 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message