Oracle Forms 4.0 User Exits on the Mac

From: Dale Young <daytho_at_unicomp.net>
Date: 1996/04/13

I'm trying to build a new Oracle Forms 4.0 Runtime executable with a User Exit on the Mac. I'm having a problem when trying to build the Oracle supplied "sampleexit" demo. I have the following versions:

   Mac O/S 7.5.1
   Oracle Forms 4.0.13
   MPW 3.4 (from the ETO #19 CD)
Oracle Technical Support says that the version of MPW is "too new", and that they only support MPW 3.2. APDA says that they don't have and can't supply any older versions.

I have tried the following steps to get around this problem: 1. Compile using SC and change the link steps per the instructions in the

   various text files in the library folders gives me a linker error,    undefined symbol "qd".
2. Compile using C from the MPW Archive and link with the libraries from

   the archive gives me many undefined symbols, of which "qd" is one. 3. Added the line "QDGlobals qd;" and the Quickdraw.h include file to

   the source will give me a clean compile and link (with either C or SC)    but as soon as I run the sample form I get a Type-1 error. (The form    does run with the standard runtime and fails when the user exit is    called.)

Has anyone successfully added a user exit to the forms runtime on the Mac? Has anyone been able to do it with the current version of MPW? Can you give me some help?
If the version of MPW is the problem, is there any way to get the older version?

Any help would be appreciated.

*Dale* Received on Sat Apr 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message