Re: Modem Communication in Oracle Database Replication

From: Dale <dale_at_fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 1996/04/13

[snip]

>Sorry I left out the details - I was asking for a friend. I believe
>it is only the client that will "change" IP addresses. The application
>will be running on laptops out in the field and then occasionally
>dial-in via PPP/SLIP to resync (at least that was my understanding).
>
>Sounds like it shouldn't be an issue - thanks for the replies.
>
>Tony

tony - I am working on a project that needs to transfer data from workgroup server to laptop PC's and then later, re-load the data to the workgroup. What you friend is doing, sounds exactly what I would like to do.

I have little experience with Oracle Database Replication (Snapshots YES, udpateable snapshots NO). Can you check with your friend and ask if he is using updateable snapshots with Personal Oracle7 . Also please ask him what other options he considered.

Thanks
babette dale underwood (dale_at_fox.nstn.ca) Received on Sat Apr 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message