Re: Need help on getting Operating System User name

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1996/04/12

SELECT OSUSER
FROM V$SESSION
WHERE TERMINAL = USERENV('TERMINAL')
AND AUDSID = USERENV('SESSIONID')
/

Ken Denny (kedenny_at_mail.concentric.net) wrote:
:> csmanne_at_knuth.mtsu.edu (Mr. Rao Mannepalli) wrote:
:> >Hi All,
:> >
:> >I am working on Oracle 7.1, SQL*FORMS 3.0 on sco unix. In one of the forms,
:> >I am trying to get Operating System "logname" (login name). I used "select
:> >user from dual'. But it gives me the oracle user name. Is there any function
:> >which gets the logname.
:> >
:> >Thanks in advance
:> >
:> >
:> >--
:> >Rao N. Mannepalli e-mail: csmanne_at_knuth.mtsu.edu
:> >TDS Group Inc
:> >Nashville, TN
:> >(615)731-7239

:> Rao,
:> I don't know about Forms 3.0 as I am using 4.0 but I needed to do the same
:> thing. At first I was going to use a user_exit to get it, but later decided to
:> use a different approach. Since I am running the Forms application from a
:> shell script, I changed my script to include: unixid=`whoami` in the string
:> run f40runm. Then in my form I access :parameter.unix and it has the unix
:> user id. Of course, since the form calls other forms which also need it, I
:> move it into a :global in the when_new_form_instance trigger.

:> Hope this helps

:> Ken Denny

:> --

:> /| /

:> If my employer had an opinion, I'm sure it would be different from any of
:> mine.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you