Re: Performance Problem: Delphi 2.0 and Oracle

From: <pbe_at_pobox.com>
Date: 1996/04/12

>> In the Beta version of Delphi 2.0 opening a table in an ORACLE database for
>> the first time in an application took up to 2 minutes, but since there was
>> some talk about the SQL links would be optimised we did not worry about
>I had the same problem ! Is there any solution ? I am appreciated to
>hear that !

        Use a linked parameterized TQuery, or inherit TTable to function more efficientl.
_

NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any problems, or RFC non-compliance, please report it to pbe_at_pobox.com Please do not report duplicates, as this is usually a manual resend
|Chad Z. Hower  -  phoenix_at_pobox.com                         |
|Phoenix Business Enterprises - pbe_at_pobox.com - www.pbe.com  |
|Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure          |

>>SQUID - The ultimate 32 bit offline databasing reader
**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha) Received on Fri Apr 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message