"kill" equivalent for ORACLE?

From: badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1996/04/11

Hi:

        I want to provide an interface that would allow a user to kill their own oracle session, but not those of the others. If I grant 'alter system' privilege, it allows a user to kill any other user's process.

        How do I do this? Should I use my own PL/SQL process and wrap it around code that would validate userid of the session to be killed and the current userid? SHouild this only be in DBMS_SQL since this is a DDL and you cannot use DDL in PL/SQL directly?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

thanks a lot,

-Badri Received on Thu Apr 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message