Re: Modem Communication in Oracle Database Replication

From: Tony Damon <bfntd_at_aimnet.com>
Date: 1996/04/11

Alan Corbett (ozzman_at_goodnet.com) wrote:
: Tony Damon wrote:
:
: [snip]
:
: > How does one handle a dynamically assigned IP address in the
: > cases where you use PPP/SLIP ?
: Is your server using a dynamically assigned ip? If it is and
: we're talking about NT, then you'll need DNS. If your client is
: dynamic it doesn't matter.

Sorry I left out the details - I was asking for a friend. I believe it is only the client that will "change" IP addresses. The application will be running on laptops out in the field and then occasionally dial-in via PPP/SLIP to resync (at least that was my understanding).

Sounds like it shouldn't be an issue - thanks for the replies.

Tony Received on Thu Apr 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message