Re: HELP!! SQL*net install problem ...

From: Sean Michael Dillon <sdillon_at_surfsouth.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

MCC wrote:

> I installed the SQL*NET 2.2 on UNIX Oracle server (7.2.3). I also installed
> Novell Lan workplace for DOS (version 5) TCP/IP software on PC, then I
> installed SQL*net and network manager on my PC. I tried to connect to
> UNIX ORACLE server (solaris 2.5). The TCP/IP "ping" and 'telnet" work
> correctly, but Oracle TSNping does not work. When I installed SQL*NET on
> PC I select vendor "Novell LWP 4.2" not winsock 1.0. Does anyone know
> what wrong I am? If TSNping work, How to test SQL*net connect to Oracle
> server? Thank you for help.

Please understand, these suggestions are from personal experience only and may not suit your configuration. Hope it helps.

One of the major concerns in setting up SQL*Net is ensuring the TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA on the client machines match the *.ORA files on the server. Network Manager, an Oracle tool, will help you to create your .ORA files which are essential for the SQL*Net to gain visibility. If that doesn't work, reference your SQL*Net documentation and look for examples of the above mentioned files.

I hope this helps.

r/s

Sean Michael Dillon
DBA / Technical Team Leader
ATLASS Branch, United States Marine Corps Received on Wed Apr 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message