Re: PL\SQL Question

From: Sean Michael Dillon <sdillon_at_surfsouth.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

patrick tan t.s. wrote:

> Hello,
> PL/SQL is built into SQL*Plus. You can edit using vi editor, and save the file.
> Then go to the directory which the file resides in. Do a _at_scriptFileName
> and you're done.
>
> You'll be able to do anything then.
>
> Rgds,
> Patrick Tan
> In article <316A8A52.3C42_at_iup.edu>, "Dewey G. Miller" <gdcwskc_at_iup.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hello All!
> >
> > I am quite new to Oracle and especially new to PL\SQL.
> >
> > I have written my code. I have been trying for 2 days to get it to run
> > interactively from SQL*PLUS. I am not having much luck at all. Is there
> > a way to run PL\SQL from SQL*PLUS. I would like to be able to type the
> > script in one line at a time at the SQL*PLUS prompt....
> >
> > Ultimately, this script will run in batch. Is there a good way to do
> > this from a Korn Shell Script??
> >

> > Please respond to e-mail and newsgroup (if possible to do both...)
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Dewey G. "Dwight" Miller
> > millerdg_at_corning.com
>
> --
> Patrick Tan
> Senior Systems Engineer
> Motorola KLM Malaysia
> -- My views and opinions are solely my own. ---
>
> "Efficiency is doing sthe job right.
> Effectiveness is doing the right job." - Peter Drucker.

Patrick is correct that SQL*Plus should be able to handle any PL/SQL blocks you may write. Another thing to consider is when the database is created, there is a script which enables the procedural option in your instance. On our release (7.1.6, i think...) we had to run the V7PUP.SQL file. I KNOW we had to run it for Personal Oracle 7, and I'm almost sure we run it for the Oracle Enterprise Server on our SCO box.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

r/s

Sean Michael Dillon
DBA / Technical Team Leader
ATLASS Branch, United States Marine Corps Received on Wed Apr 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message