Re: 32bit ODBC Drivers for Oracle avail?

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

Craig T. Traxler <ctraxler_at_netcom.com> writes:

>Are there any drivers available yet for Oracle under 32 bit ODBC. I am
>targeting NT as my workstation and need to get information into Excel.

If Windows NT is your client machine, then the Visigenic driver is available from Microsoft (on their Web site, and in their Access 95 and Visual Basic 4.0 products).

Unfortunately, this driver does NOT work with Windows 95 clients, due to differences in the SQL*Net DLL calling sequences defined by Oracle Corp.

There is a "hack" described that SOME people have been able to make work, and others have NOT, that can make this driver work on Windows 95 by using the Windows NT DLL's for SQL*Net.

For about $100 per seat, you can get drivers from Intersolv or OpenLink that DO work with Windows 95 clients.

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Wed Apr 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message