RE: VB4 and ODBC for Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95

From: Frank Carr <jfcarr_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

>>> I would like to use PO7.2 for Win95 with VB4 32 bit. <<<

The problem is that the Visgenic driver that comes with VB 4.0 won't work under Win95. It will work under NT, where it was developed. I've heard that MS has a fix that is either available soon or in the 4.0a patch version, but I'm not 100% sure of this.

I've used the OpenLink Lite drivers with PO 7.2, Win95, and VB4 32 with some success. I mainly used this setup for some prototyping, so I didn't push it too hard.

Frank

jfcarr_at_msn.com Received on Wed Apr 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message