Re: [Q] SQLDBA don't need password ????

From: init.ora <initora_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/09

MCC wrote:

> I just installed the Oracle 7.2.3 and I found I don't need password and I
> can get into "sqldba". My UNIX system is Solaris 2.5 and I login as
> "oracle". The user "oracle" is in "dba" group. When I type "sqldba",
> then "connect internal". Oracle does not ask me password. I can use
> "select" to look DB. Can anyone tell me why? Thank you for help.

Your Oracle account is the owner of the database. It can connect internal without password because you elected to have no password during the installation process. If you want to verify that, cd to $ORACLE_HOME/orainst, vi the install.log file and search for password. It will show you the prompts and your answer to every one of them.

Other users with access to the database can go to SQLDBA but WILL NOT be able to connect internal. As far as I know, system accounts that are part of the dba group can connect internal. Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message