Windows (on laptop) Visual Basic - interface to SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader

From: dale <dale_at_fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 1996/04/09

Hi all!

I have a VB application that uses needs to transfer data between the Laptop (running Personal Oracle7) to the Workgroup Server (running Oracle Workgroup Server)

I would like to automate as much as possible the extraction and update of data between the laptop and workgroup server. I would prefer to have a VB module (or menu option) that can invoke the data transfer process.

I also need to do the same for laptop backups of data collected (in case of accident, etc).

  1. Can this be done ?? (IE invoke SQL*loader or SQL*Plus from VB 3.0 )
  2. Any other suggestions on how we can do this ???

TIA
Babette Dale Underwood (dale_at_fox.nstn.ca) Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message