Re: Performance on Forms 4.5

From: Carlos Augusto Leite Netto <cnetto_at_cps.softex.br>
Date: 1996/04/09

Sean Kubovcik wrote:

> I created a Win 3.1, Forms 4.5 application and it resides on a Novell
> LAN. The users access several applications in addition to the Forms
> 4.5 app, these are WordPerfect and Q&A. When the user first access
> all of the applications in the morning everything runs fine, but, as
> the day goes on performance of the Forms 4.5 app degrades drastically.
> It degrades to a point that when navigating though Forms 4.5 app once
> took 15 seconds now takes 60 seconds per form. The available memory

It's doing *very* well for us. We're using 486/100 or Pentium/75, 16 MBytes RAM, fast HD (Quantum FireBall) and *NO* momory hungry features like SMARTDRV or recommended memory configurations for caching the virtual memory of windows. If we increase the virtual memory cache to 4M, it almost stops! So slow! If we decrease it to 128K, using 32-bit file access and 32-bit interface access, with about 40 MBytes of virtual memory, Ok! We're back running fast.

Don't forget to see you video cache, bios cache and so forth.

Regards,

Carlos Netto
cnetto_at_cps.softex.br - Software Design Ltd, Oracle Consultants Brazil - Campinas - SP Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message