Re: Good Oracle Utilities for Performance/Monitoring/DBA assistance??

From: Paul Osborn <posborn_at_menlosoftware.com>
Date: 1996/04/09

Marc Baime <marc.baime_at_telops.gte.com> wrote:

>I would appreciate any information, good and bad, on Oracle utilities for
>monitoring performance, assisting with DBA functions, etc. Information
>on any and all tools will be appreciated. We are ramping up a very big
>Oracle project but lack a lot of Oracle expertise (pretty much an
>Informix/DB2 shop prior to this). Please send me any information to
>marc.baime_at_telops.gte.com. Let me thank you in advance as any
>information/experiences will be greatly appreciated.

>Regards...Marc Baime

If you have some time to look at a book, I would recommend: Oracle Performance Tuning by Peter Corrigan and Mark Gurry, published by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.

Or you could skim the Administrator's Guide; it provides a good overview.

[warning: self promotion on]

For a flexible, client based monitor consider DBAware. The price is very reasonable.

[self promotion off]

Regards,
Paul Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message