Re: File open dialog from dev2000

From: Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1996/04/09

Mark Styles wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way to open up a standard MS Windows file open
> dialog from a form using Developer/2000, has anyone achieved this?
> I was hoping to do it without resorting to user-exits.
>
> I want to have a field on a form which gets populated by the pop-up
> file dialog with the full path of the filename selected by the user.
> This filename will be passed to MS Word for a mailmerge operation
> (I already have the mailmerge bit working).
>
> Any help would be appreciated, Oracle Support weren't very useful...
>
> --
> ** Mark Styles aka Small -- Opinions expressed here are my own -- **
> ** marks_at_teleord.co.uk -- unless otherwise specified -- **
> ** Make Tea, Not Love **

If you have Dev/2000 1.2 then you have the reusable code app. There is a lib that allows you to do this very thing. Oracle has alredy done all the work for you. You can find the lib in c:/orawin/forms45/demos/reuse, at least I think that's where it is at.

Good Luck

--

Craig Harper
IFTN

Thinking is more interesting than knowing,
but less interesting than looking.