Re: ?Where: NT instance start service ( OracleStartORCL ? )

From: Brad Bruce <BradBruc_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/08

Bruce Robertson <brucer_at_mind.net> wrote:

>I'm looking for a service which starts an instance without ANY manual intervention.
>I received a reply to a previous post which I just read but where is the service?

>> Robert C. Nix wrote:
>>
>> There is a service called OracleStart<SID> that starts the instance.
>> On my machine, for instance, I have the following services:
>> OracleServiceORCL
>> OracleStartORCL
>> OracleTNSListenter
>>
>> I have them all start Automatically. If I shutdown and restart mysystem
>> my database starts automatically.
>> Robert C. Nix
>> Oracle Tools Support
>> rnix_at_us.oracle.com
>>

>I've emailed Mr. Nix but I'm impatient. Does anyone know where this
>OracleStartORCL service is to be found?

>Thanks in advance.

There is no built in way for Oracle < 7.2... to automatically start. I have been using the program SRVANY.EXE that comes in the NT Resource kit. This allows you to have any program started as a service. I use mine to call a batch file that starts the database via a sqldba script. No problems to date and quite a relief to know that the database will start when the machine does. (Saves me the phone calls at midnight!!!!!!!)

Brad Received on Mon Apr 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message