Re: ?Where: NT instance start service ( OracleStartORCL ? )

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/04/08

Bruce Robertson <brucer_at_mind.net> wrote:

>I'm looking for a service which starts an instance without ANY manual intervention.
>I received a reply to a previous post which I just read but where is the service?

You must be running Oracle 7.2 or higher I think. (Don't jump on me if I'm wrong). If I'm right, there is an NT utility (look at www.shareware.com to find it) called AUTOEXNT. This is a service that will run a .CMD file. We've set it up as service name ZZZAutoexNT so that it is started last. In the .CMD file, we have:

SQLDBA71 _at_c:\startins.sql

in startins.sql we have

STARTUP instance
EXIT Ciao.

| Chris Fischer                           cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                    Work: (919)676-0062 |
| Toys "R" Us                                                |