Re: To store a binary file in an ORACLE7 database.

From: Mike <mboduch_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/04/06

ake_at_netcom.com (Andres) wrote:

>Hi! I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.
>
>I would need to know if you can store a binary file in an ORACLE7 database.
>(May be in a memo type field?)
>
>Thank you very much!!
>
>Regards,
>Andres Kupfer
>ake_at_netcom.com
>
>PS.- Please, if possible, reply also by mail. Thanks again!

Yes, you can do it using a table that has a column defined as LONG RAW. Now, how you get your data *into* that field depends upon your environment. But in developer 2000 (forms) you can save the contents of OLE2 container items. You can also use the image manipulation built-ins to load binary pictures into base table image items that are defined as LONG RAW.

Hope that helps...

Mike Received on Sat Apr 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message