Report 2.0 printer def. pa

From: Samuel E. Jones <sam_at_clark.net>
Date: 1996/04/06

   Folks,

        Working on report 2.0.14, I noticed that the report 2.0 apparently not use the modified printer definition file after the printer code was failure. I moved to the temp. dir from /oracle/reports20/admin/printer and ran the report 2.0 to print the output on the laser printer HP laster printer III and hope that the new esc sequence commands affected, but it was not worked. Later I realized that the report 2.0 would skip to the default legal 8 x 14 with SCO unix with /dev/lp/lp0 .. lp2 - using lpstat -a - to print the driver names.

        I wish we can enable a new flag to give us a new warning message that the report 2.0 cannot find any printer definition name and skip to the /dev/lp path.

        R20desm does not permit the mode=character. So I worked for alignment on the headline. It took at least 20 legal papers to correct removing extra blank characters off. I try to correct  character cell size 7.4 x 12 points to m atch the character mode on the line printer.

        Any comment that we have some promblem on 8' x 14' legal with report 2.0.14 or we have good solution on it. Sam Received on Sat Apr 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message