Re: [Q] Why Oracle data file can nor > 500 MB ?

From: Charles Dye <cdye_at_dnt.dialog.com>
Date: 1996/04/05

Duffy,

The only limit on the size of a datafile is operating-specific, for unix it is 2Gig.

But a tablespace can have as many datafiles as you want, each one as large as you want, up to the operating system limit.

I think the install guide is suggestion sizes of datafiles between 300-500 MB just because they are somewhat easier to maintain than super-gigantic ones. I rarely make datafiles larger than 250M

HTH. Regards,
Chas

--
Charles_Dye_at_krinfo.com