Oracle 7 vs. Express

From: GHarris144 <gharris144_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/04/05

My group is currently evaluating the development of a DSS using Oracle 7 and Oracle tools for the GUI. The information is metric-oriented (hours, dollars, defects, etc.) and can be viewed from a variety of perspectives (org, department, project ID, systems ID, etc.). This seems ideally suited for a multi-dimensional database and OLAP technology. I know that we can do the same thing using the standard toolset, but my question is, is it worth the incremental price to go Express. What are the benefits? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gene Harris Received on Fri Apr 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message