Forms4.5 -- Scrolling Text Items

From: Janice Powell <powell_at_clemson.edu>
Date: 1996/04/04

I have a block on my form that contains 10 records; each record has only one item -- a 400 char column.
I know you can scroll through each record by either pressing the arrow keys or END or HOME. But my users wanted all 10 records to shift together to keep the data inline they were reading -- its in column format.
I seem to have a problem when I enter this block. The current record is always shifted to the last character of the data while the other records are at the position my code has specified. I looked for a flag on the properties sheet to see if I was asking for an auto shift, etc. I did see "alignment" shown ... would that cause this problem? I simply want my code to scroll the data; thus, NEVER having Forms4.5 scroll for me. Has anyone else out there had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please send replies to this newsgroup and/or my e-mail address (powell_at_clemson.edu).

Thanks in advance.
--JP

Janice Powell
Programmer Analyst
Clemson Univ.
Clemson, SC     Received on Thu Apr 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message