Re: Experience with Raid (Good or Bad)

From: Joe Lumbley <jlumbley_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/04

Greg Lindahl (lindahl_at_deshaw.com) wrote:

: In article <DpB4H9.M4o_at_world.std.com>,
: Michael E Willett <mew_at_world.std.com> wrote:

: >"Every RAID 7 user interviewed was ecstatic about RAID 7's
: >performance."

: On the other hand, many Usenet readers regularly flame you for your
: stupid, abusive, unethical advertising tactics. Perhaps someday you'll
: get a clue, but we're not holding our breaths. In this case you
: "answered" a posting which wasn't asking about your product. Do you
: really think that we want to see every RAID company acting like you do
: when there's any mention of RAID at all?

: Oh, and their product RAID-4-with-cache, in case anyone is confused by
: this non-existing raid level.

I don't think these people exist at all. I think it's just a 'bot that responds to all postings containing the word "raid". Remember "Kibo"?

I bet we can find them responding in alt.waco.branch_davidians. They ought to have a lot of postings including "raid".

Seriously, these guys could come down from the mountain with personally-signed stone tablets and nobody would listen to them. Anything worthwhile and/or accurate that they say is masked and tainted by their methods and disregard of netiquette. I hope this Willett guy owns the company....when his bosses find out what he's doing to their corporate name and reputation, he'll be gone **unless* he owns the company.

I'm including the terms "Storage Technology" "RAID7" "charlatan" "spammer" and "nuisance" for the benefit of those who use WWW search engines to pull up info about companies from the USENET archives.

Joe

Joe Lumbley(jlumbley_at_netcom.com)