HELP : ORACLE Forms 4.5 Connection Problem in Personal Oracle 7 for win95

From: Nitin Shah <lnustoc.cztmb9_at_eds.com>
Date: 1996/04/03

I have just installed personal oracle 7 for windows 95 and Designer 2000.

When I try to connect to a database which exists on personal oracle 7 ( local machine), I get following error

        ORA-12203 : TNS : Unable to connect to destination

I try to connect through "connect" item under FILE menu and I gave scott/tiger and ORACLE (db name) as input. in the dialog box. I have created user scott/tiger. Even I try with system/manager and got the same error.

I am unable to find this error description in online documentation. The database is accesible without
problem through SQL*PLUS3.2 or SQLDBA.

I will appreciate help either through a email or post in this news group.

Thanks.

--
Nitin Shah
EDS Manufacturing Service Center