Re: Memory Allocation

From: Vikram Goel <vgoel_at_pts.mot.com>
Date: 1996/04/02

Tim,

The best way is to use the os utilities to determine what resources are being used by the Oracle sga. Another way, although this shows usage within the sga only, is to select value of 'free memory from the view named v$sgastat" . the sum of the value will give the maximum sga size, subtracting thevalue of 'free memory' will give the used memory in the sga.

Hope this helps,

--
Vikram Goel                                 Motorola email: vgoel_at_pts.mot.com
Sr. Oracle DBA - Consultant

Motorola Info:
Mail Stop 39, Room S1014
1500 Gateway Blvd,