Re: Memory Allocation

From: Timo Haatainen <Timo.Haatainen_at_ttgroup.fi>
Date: 1996/04/02

Tim Quick wrote:

> We currently have 4 Oracle databases running Oracle 7.1.4
> under Solaris 2.4 on a Sun 1000 with 512 MB of memory. How do
> I know when Oracle is fully utilizing the 512 MB of memory?

In sqldba with command 'show sga' shows you the size of SGA. You propably do not want to allocate all the available memory to SGA. I guess you will need some memory for other processes too. It is not a good idea to make SGA so large that it will be (partly) paged out.

Timo Haatainen Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message