Re: Daylight Savings and Redo Logs

From: Timo Haatainen <Timo.Haatainen_at_ttgroup.fi>
Date: 1996/04/02

Jay Mehta wrote:

> I don't know what Oracle does when clock is moved back, but cron on HP/UX
> uses the first occurence of time, and ignores the second. For example, if
> you have a job scheduled at 1.30 AM, then it would be executed only once
> at the first occurence of 1.30 AM.

Are you sure about that? Finland changes back to normal time on last Sunday of October at 3:59:59 AM (DST) and clock is turned back one hour to be 3:00 AM (normal time). So, if I have crontab-entry

30 * * * * do_something

will this execute only at 3:30 AM DST? Not at 3:30 AM normal time?

> One of the application we have relies on time stamp. So we simply
> have an one hour outage when clock is moved back one hour.
>
> I would be interesting to find out how redo logs handle day light savings
> time.
>
> Jay Mehta

Timo Haatainen Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message