Re: How to write a script to shutdown Oracle 7 NT?

From: -- CAPRI -- Switzerland / France <100670.467_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/04/02

merv_at_snowone.demon.co.uk (snowone) wrote:

>put the connect internal/password in the script to pass to sqldba. Not
>very nice for security though. Do shutdown normal if you are sure no
>applications are connected to it. We have an application connected to
>it permanently and have to kick it off using shutdown immediate.

Ok Thanks a lot for your answer. I will try it as soon as possible. No need for me to use AT, cause arcada backup can run a script before and after the backup.

A new question comes to me: Suppose a person is still connected (This guy stay connected all night, just the backup day...). then what ?? I mean:

the shutdown process waits until everybody is deconnected, and my backup will not be done until next morning (when I will stop the shutdown process).

Or

the shutdown proces waits some time, and then, decide to terminate, so that the backup can be done ( of course, Oracle Database will no be entirely saved).

I wonder if the 'shutdown immediate' command can damage a database?

CAPRI - Switzerland / France
100670.467_at_compuserve.com Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message