Re: ** HELP! a couple of "expert" questions **

From: Ali Guidoum <aguidoum_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: 1996/04/02

On Fri, 22 Mar 1996 21:26:46 -0500, bpuett_at_interpath.com (Brad Puett) wrote:

>Everone has been so helpful to my questions, so I thought I'd
>take a chance and post these questions which are critical to my
>job ... I've been hired as a consultant, mostly to load data from
>old......
>
>Thanks for any info you can give me!!!
>
>--
>Brad Puett
>bpuett_at_interpath.com

In answer to your question regarding location of physical files. Login as SYSTEM user
If in SQL >select * from dba_data_files; The file name will give the physical location of the data file.Tablespace name will give you the tablespaces that are available for your ORACLE instances.

select table_name from all_tables
will give you the list of tables.

you may also use the view v$datafile Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message