Re: DBA-Sys admin Relationship - Need help to define it

From: R.A. Okeowo <raok_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1996/04/02

While I agree with you defining DBA role in your shop as peculiar to ppg industry,I must confess that it differs in other installations depending on the extent of the scope of your role as the DBA. Where your job cut more across system boundary and requires a unix based RDBMS maintenance, there are instances of the need to use root services. Therefore, I cannot totally say your shop definition is appropriate for most database shops. Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message