Re: SHUTDOWN: waiting for logins to complete

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/04/01

In article <4jikoi$oit_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, rmoore3390_at_aol.com (RMoore3390) writes:
>When booting the system I take the following approach:
>
>shutdown immediate;
>startup
>shutdown normal;
>
>This series of commands will first commit current transactions, shutdown
>the database (kicking everybody out), startup again, then shutdown normal.

Problem with this approach is that the SQL*Net-connections are still in after it. You need to use SHUTDOWN ABORT to kick them out.

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat_at_tfdl.agro.nl | http://gemini.tfdl.agro.nl:1024/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |