Re: Large Databases

From: Martyn Jones <martyn1_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/03/31

In article <960328.123708.23116_at_banshee.uunet.ca>, kevink_at_minerva.ca (Kevin Konynenbelt) says:

>I am looking for a reference site which has implemented
>SQL Server 6.x for a fairly large database(s) - at least
>10 Gig, and hopefully up to about 20 - 40 GB.
>The question being pondered is whether SQL Server will be
>up to the task when dealing with this volume of data
>( as opposed to Oracle).

If the decision is purely technical then my suggestion would be to go for Oracle7! There is nothing in the relational world superior to Oracle7 and nothing quite anywhere near as good across the board, so if you want to start on a solid footing I would suggest the recognised leader first.

Martyn - Madrid Received on Sun Mar 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message