Any good data modelling tool for Oracle 7.1 ?

From: Peter Antypas <pantypas_at_hic.net>
Date: 1996/03/31

I am engaged in the design of a client server system, using Oracle 7.1 (Netware) and Delphi as a front end.

I am in need of two tools:

  1. A data modelling tool that allows me to create and DOCUMENT the database model, table relationships, indices, referential integrity and all tha jazz, WITHOUT having to go into SQL*PLUS and spend an entire day (or more) saying 'create table ....' I don't particularly like the Object Manager that comes with Oracle. Access is good at doing this, but it cannot export anything other than table structure alone (no indices, pk, fk ..)
  2. A QBE tool that allows the administrator to define data dictionaries and then lets the users design their own queries (and possibly reports).

I would sincerely appreciate any input on the above.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Antypas

A graduate in the making ...

pantypas_at_hic.net