Re: HOW ARE NUMBERS HANDLED IN ORACLE

From: David Di Biaggio <dibiaggio_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1996/03/31

Uday Bikkasani wrote:

> HI,
>
> IS THERE A REASON WHY THE NUMBERS ARE BEING ROUNDED OFF BY THE
> TIME, FOXPRO DATA IS MOVED TO ORACLE. THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME
> PRECISION. NUMBER(10,2)
>
> THNX
> UDAYHow are you querying the data back up in Oracle after you have moved the
data from Foxpro? If you are using SQL*Plus, you need to make sure you format your output to show your decimal precision. To do this, from the SQL prompt type: numformat 99999999.99 to see your data correctly. (the correct sytax may be set numformat don't have my books here with me...) Once you've done this run your query and your data will look like what you expect... Received on Sun Mar 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message