Wrapping Pro*C func's in C++ classes?

From: <danubius_at_chinook.halcyon.com>
Date: 1996/03/30

I wrote a bunch of Pro*C access functions and placed them in a library. Now I'd like to "objectify" them for use in C++ programs by wrapping them up in C++ classes. Originally I thought this should be possible if I enclose the prototype declarations of my Pro*C functions with extern "C" { } brackets. However, this leaves out the huge library of ORACLE provided functions that I also must be linking in. Since there is no place in my Pro*C program that contains the prototypes of all those ORACLE functions (so I could enclose them with extern "C" { }), I'm not sure if what I am trying to do is possible at all. BTW, I use Pro*C 2.0. Does anybody have experience with this? Unfortunately, my employer does not allow the use of special libraries or frameworks by small companies with uncertain staying power in the market. So I am stuck with ORACLE provided tools only. Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Joe Pannon

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank those who helped me to resolve a previous problem I had in compiling a Pro*C app. The error msg was a bit cryptic, indicating that I had a missing table declaration. As it turned out, all of you had the right idea about the cause; something was wrong with my compiling options. Indeed, at my previous edit of my Makefile, I inadvertently dropped the USERID option from the PROCFLAGS. Once I put it back, everything worked as before, without having to reduce the SQLCHECK option from FULL. -- JP Received on Sat Mar 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message