Re: Using 32bit ODBC for Oracle in Win95

From: Olsen <cmad_at_sisna.com>
Date: 1996/03/30

slv_at_superlink.net (Stan Varlamov) wrote:

>Lam, Siu Chun (sclam_at_webhk.com) wrote:
>: I have problem on using the Oracle ODBC driver from Visigenic
>: (downloaded from Microsoft) in Windows 95. I always get the message the

>I did some search about a month ago on the driver above, something from
>Intersolv and probably another driver I forgot from where. Neither one
>worked (SQL*Net 1) except one "kind of" on NT Server (not on 95!). I spoke
>with the creators and was told that they are "working on it", and
>something should come up "within a short period of time". Meanwhile, I'm
>trying to avoid ODBC on 32 bit platform.

>Did anybody find anything new and hot?

>Stan.

I don't have it working as of yet, (Too many fires to put out right now!), but I talked with Oracle about the Visigenic driver and was told that the sqlnet packaged with personal Oracle 7 for win 95 is the missing link. The only way to get a hold of it (as of last week. 3/21/96), is to download the eval. and install ONLY the sql*net. (I was told that is NOT an eval version.

Gary R. Olsen Received on Sat Mar 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message