Re: problem: multiple logins to server

From: Deborah Luik <dluik_at_sr.csg.com>
Date: 1996/03/29

On Thu, 28 Mar 96 02:06:16 GMT, Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu> wrote:
>off his hardware without logging out, his process will die on idle time; if he
>reboots before idle timeout and logs in again, he will be prevented by the
>connect-count limit.

hen we tried an idle time limit a while ago (7.1 under Solaris 2.4 I think) the user was only disconnected when he returned to his workstation and attempted another SQL statement. We called it the "hand slap" feature because resources remained locked until the developer got back at which point he was kicked off the system for being irresponsible ;). Does the resource limit work now?

--
Deborah Luik, Lead DBA
ADP Claims Solutions Group                 Phone: (800) 366-4237 x2150