Re: MS-Access to Oracle

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/29

Darrell_Coons_at_.mc.xerox.com (Darrell Coons) wrote:

>How do I convert an MS-Access table to Oracle? Is there a way to export
>from Access into a format that can be directly imported into Oracle?

If the table already exists in your Oracle DB and you've got ODBC connectivity to it from Access, the easist way I can think of is to attach-table to the Oracle table from Access then create an append query in Access itself to copy the data from your Access table to the attached table.

If you need to create the table as well, I would probably suggest exporting to Excel, saving as CDV format then using SQL*Loader to load it in using the <terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"'> format spec.

There are loads of different ways to do the same job but I don't know of a truly direct route using the standard Oracle tools.

Regards,

Richard Senior
London, England Received on Fri Mar 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message