Re: Power Objects Menu Creation Syntax Fails to Produce a New Menu

From: Peter Yamamoto <pjyamamo_at_daisy.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 1996/03/29

In article <mikek-2503961836540001_at_franklin-tty9.jvnc.net>, Michael Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com> wrote:
>> frmLogicPractice.OpenWindow()
>
>I think this method causes the default menu bar to get associated with the
>form, even though you previously assigned a different one. If you make a
>global variable to hold the menu, you can issue a self.SetMenuBar (
>g_myMenuBar ) in the form's InitializeWindow method. Works for me.

It doesn't work for me in 1.0.4.

A work around for me is:

  1. Open all windows in app's OnLoad
  2. Open a dummy form as everysecond OpenWindow
  3. Don't close windows, just Hide them.

Even if you get a global variable menu/toolbar to associate with form at OnLoad, if you close the window, the next time it opens it won't (after the app's OnLoad, no window's get the customer menu). Hmmm, maybe I should say no Forms. I haven't explored reports yet.

If this works for anybody else having problems I'd like to hear it. If anybody else is having the same problem (every second on Load, none after) I'd like to hear it. (Sanity check, you know! Also so I know/don't know whether I should spend time investigating).

Peter

--
Peter Yamamoto                     CS   Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x3299
University of Waterloo             MFCF Phone: +1 519-888-4567 x6488