Re: problem: multiple logins to server

From: <stowe_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1996/03/28

> Stephen Wong <a48029_at_bccux01.msd.ray.com> writes:
> I'm in a client/server environment with the RDBMS on a UNIX platform.
> Our problem is that users turn off their PC's without logging out
> gracefully. Their Oracle processes are still up and running. Then
> the user log sback in. Now he has 2 licenses. After
> a while, more and more people are doing this. How can I limit
> the number of logins to the server to just 1 per user?

You can limit the number of concurrent logins for any account by assigning it a profile with a limited number of logins.

Also, you will probably want to set a timeout in your SQL*Net v2 SQLNET.ORA file on the workstation, so the server will realize that they have rebooted their machine and drop the connection.

Michael Stowe
Constellation Engineering, Inc.
http://www.mcs.com/~stowe Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message