Re: Development of Oracle Power Objects for OS/2 stopped!!! E-Mail Campaign!!!

From: Philipp Adelt <padelt_at_warper.teuto.de>
Date: 1996/03/28

In article <4jb204$2ml_at_news3.cts.com>, cwr_at_cts.com (Will Rose) wrote:
>John Cathie (jcathie_at_mindlink.bc.ca) wrote:
>: In message <31586539.5875_at_mccaw.com> - Shawn Ramsey <shawn.ramsey_at_mccaw.com> wr
>: ites:

>: :>From what I have seen, IBM is to be blamed for the lack of
>: :>support for OS/2. IBM has vascilated so much on the direction
>: :>of OS/2 that I cannot blame any company that wants to make a
>: :>profitfrom dumping any development for OS/2.

>: :>the Power PC. Then when they about complete the Power PC
>: :>version, they dump it.

>: What do you infer by the word 'dump'?

>: IBM has OS/2 for Power PC for sale.
>
>True, but you can't buy it. My local IBM office has been trying to get
>permission for me to buy a copy for more than two months now, with no
>response, either yes or no, from the PPC people. A PPC ships with NT
>NT or AIX, that's it. Pity, really.
>Will
>cwr_at_crash.cts.com

You actually CAN buy it. Your IBM rep does not seem to be one of the clever ones. There are special selling programs for such software that is ready to sell but not offered directly (they have a nice abbrevation for this that I forgot). You have to especially order it.

Ciao, Philipp! Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message