Re: Basic IMP/EXP question

From: David Alejandro Hernandez Alonso <dhernand_at_ccr.dsi.uanl.mx>
Date: 1996/03/28

cuppettm_at_richmond.infi.net (Michael S. Cuppett) wrote:

>In article <4fdimo$oa1_at_salyko.cube.net>, kfang_at_cube.net says...
>>
>>dblocher_at_postoffice.ptd.net (David Blocher) wrote:
>>
>>>Ok I exported a table without any problem with the following command:
>>>EXP username/password TABLES=(pc_rslt) log=g:\pcrslt.log
 file=g:\pcrslt.dmp
>>>I got no errors from this export.
>>>Now I dropped the table and now I want to reimport it
>>>I guess that the following command should work:
>>>IMP username/password TABLES=(pc_rslt) log=g:\pcrslt.log
 file=g:\pcrslt.dmp
>>>But the commands just hangs. The table is recreated but no data is
>>>inserted.
>>>I guess I am using the wrong sytax for IMP,
>>>any suggestion?
>>>David Blocher
>>
>>If You would just start Import without all the parameters, You'd be
>>asked whether You want to import the rows also. I think from the
>>commandline the parameter is 'ROWS=Y' (check Your manual ...).
>>
>>Kersten
>>
>ROWS=Y is a default parameter according to the Oracle Utilities manual.
>I had the same type of problem before and learned that the import process
>is assigned to a single rollback segment like most other processes. If a
>large table is being imported, it is possible that the rollback segment
>consumes all of its extents therefore causing the import to fail. The
>long wait time is the rollback process that occurs to remove the imported
>data from the table. I believe that the error message appears after the
>rolling back completes. I either increase my rollback space or use the
>COMMIT=Y import parameter to force a commit after each import array. I
>hope this helps.
>
>Michael S. Cuppett
>cuppettm_at_richmond.infi.net
>Oracle Database Manager
>Department of Information Technology
>City of Richmond, Virginia

OK, i have a question about this.
If the import process is assigned to a single rollback segment, and I am importing some tables, and the import fail in one large table, the rollback remove the imported data from table, once finish this process, whats happen with the rollback?
its free all the space the extents that are used for the import of this large table.???

I make this question because i am importing some tables, and the import fail for this reason

. . importing table "TABLE_NAMEXXX" IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1562 encountered ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment (id = 6)

And the process are working on removing the data imported from table (I suposse for your comment) and I wait a lot of time for this (3 hours) and the import are next to import another very large tables.

What can I make, stop the Import?, shutdown the database?

I have ORACLE7.1.3.4, with parallel server, in an ALPHAVMS Cluster, running OVMS 6.1 I am making the import in exclusive mode.

Thanks in advance! :-)

\                 _  Universidad  Autonoma de Nuevo Leon  _                   /
 \                _  Direccion de Sistemas e Informatica  _                  /
 -|               _  Soporte Tecnico                      _                 |-
 -|   David Alejandro Hernandez Alonso   |   Telefono: [91-8] 329-4081      |-
 /    E-mail: dhernand_at_uanl.mx           |   Ext:       5343                 \
/                                        |   Fax:      [91-8] 329-4083	  :-) \