Re: trigger question

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/03/28

parris_at_duart.esp.bellcore.com (Parris Geiser) wrote:

>Hi,
>We would like to execute a trigger when a record is
>inserted, but only if the transaction commits.
>That is, if the user inserts a record and then subsequently
>does a rollback, we don't want the trigger to fire.
>Is there any way to do this?
> Thanks for your help.
> parris

You can't do this but it shouldn't matter.

If the transaction that fired the trigger does a rollback, the work performed by the trigger will rollback as well.

If a user inserts a record and then subsequently does a rollback, it will be AS IF the trigger didn't fire.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government

opinions and statements are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message