Re: Performance problem

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_infosoft.be>
Date: 1996/03/27

In article <4jaroh$jbj_at_gulfa.kuwait.net>, Information Systems Departement (mda_at_kuwait.net) says...
!>
!>Hello there
!>
!>We are one of the largest ORACLE based Company in Kuwait, having around 150
!>users working under Oracle ver 7.1.4 in SEQUENT SE2000 machine.
!>
!>Our system performs unsatisfactorily especially during peak hours. We observed
!>the trace file signals an error ORA-01575 time out waiting for space
!>management resource.
!>
!>
!>Any suggestions/ answers is most welcome
!>
!>Ashley Monteiro... Database Adminstrator

Hello Ashley,

I remembered this from Oracle7 Server Administrator's Guide, allthough I haven't experienced it myself. At the end of chapter 22 (Tuning I/O) they talk about avoiding dynamic space management.

Maybe you don't have enough different rollback segments, so that too many transactions have to use the same segment.

Just guessing, Thomas.

--
Kind reGards
     \ /   |