Re: Parameterized Cursors: Help Please.

From: Steve Shiflett <shiflett_steve_at_mm.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: 1996/03/27

Physian, heal thy self!

After spending a couple of days looking at this problem, and trying various commands, I am convinced that it can't be done the way I have attempted it. (This would be too easy.)

I visited http://128.253.114.57, (Steve Lutter) and looked at a set of procedures in a package called "MM". He eloquently builds the cursors, and executes them. He also has some nice exception handling. This solved my problem, and gave me some beautiful PL/SQL to look at.

This URL shows the Oracle Web Server "in action"... or lack of action if you are use to blinding speed. Lutter is right, the OWS is slow, it is a lot of work to write the proceedures, but I still contend it is "fun". Received on Wed Mar 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message