Oracle Index Sizing Question

From: Gerry Lurette <gerard_at_magi.com>
Date: 1996/03/27

This is based on an 'Analyze Table(or Index) Compute Statistics' script already having been run.

Is there a more simplified way of sizing Oracle indexes to get a general estimate than following the 'Calculating Space for Indexes' in the Oracle7 Server Administrators Guide?

In sizing tables, I multiply num_rows*avg_row_len from user_tables to get a general estimate.

Any answer appreciated!

--
  __&__
 /     \