Timezone Conversions

From: Craig Daily <cdaily_at_cisco.com>
Date: 1996/03/27

I'm working on a project that wants to store records marked with GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) timestamps. I need to be able to convert the timestamp column into various "local times."

The Oracle7 Server SQL Reference contains the function, NEW_TIME(), that will convert between GMT and North American timezones (e.g., EST, CST, PST, etc.), but it doesn't seem to support other timezones, such as Europe, Japan, Australia, etc.

Have I missed something? Is there a way to convert date/time to "other" timezones?

--
Craig Daily
Software Engineer, IS-Network & Telecom