Re: Any way to avoid SQL*net for a dial-in application?

From: Cobus Theunissen <jtheun_at_sapient.com>
Date: 1996/03/26

Hugo Toledo, Jr. wrote:

> Jeff,
> I don't know enough about your requirements but would suggest you look at
> Oracle Mobile Agents to see if that meets your needs. It can run across
> TCP/IP without requiring SQL*Net. The gateway serves the database
> replacing the need for the SQL*Net listener.
> --

Can Oracle Mobile Agents REPLACE SQL*Net? Can you actually use an existing client application (that uses SQL*Net) and change it to use Mobile Agents without changing the client? I guess not, but any information would be appreciated. I am also trying to find out about a product called SQL*Net ASYNC that might be used over dialup....

Ciao
Cobus
jtheun_at_sapient.com Received on Tue Mar 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message